Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look Who's Talking

Yep, that's right... Gavin is!!  He has just started REALLY talking, using words instead of signs, as well as answering me when I ask him something.  Just in the past 5-7 days he is saying more and more words where you can actually understand him.  It's been so fun to listen to his voice and for him to realize he's actually talking. 

He is saying dadda, mamma, sit down, diaper, bye bye, let's go, yes, no, juice and I don't know.  Just a few minutes ago he and I actually had a real conversation.  I asked him if he wanted me to change his diaper, in which he responded by saying diaper.  I said, yes, do you want mommy to change your diaper?  He answered back by saying yes and then walked straight to his room.  It was awesome.  He knew what I asked and he responded and then went and did it.  Then, I gave him a banana for his snack today and after eating it he walked up to me and said mamma, juice!  I quickly went and got him some juice so he would know that all he has to do is ask me for it.  We are still working on him saying please.  He can say "thank you", but you don't know that's what he's saying, he just has two syllables that come after someone doing something for him. 

Another thing Gavin has started doing, is coming to the computer when I say let's go talk to daddy.  We've been skyping Brooks twice a day so Gavin is now use to seeing Brooks on the computer.  He even knows when the computer rings, it's Brooks calling.  It's precious and nice to watch him so excited to want to see Brooks. 

We're doing good and hanging in here while Brooks is gone.  Kimmie (my mom) is in town for a few days keeping us company.  Since she's been here Gavin has tasted and eaten pieces of a peppermint for the first time, took a trip in his "car" down the street, and learned that pigs can fly (Kimmie placed a toy pig on top of his jack in the box.  He loves when the pig flys!!  It's cute.  My mom is trying to teach Gavin how to say outside, too.  He is really close!

All of this is just showing us how our little boy is growing up more and more everyday! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...