It's been exactly a year since I decided not to teach this year, in order to stay home before we moved. I remember thinking what in the world am I going to do with all my time? Well, I think it's safe to say that I have found several new interests to fill my time with.
This past week I worked on two cakes and two baby door signs for some friends and clients. Now that all these projects have been completed, I realized that these projects were fun for me!! I made sure that I didn't put any pressure on myself, took time while working on the projects to take breaks and hang out with Gavin. I even went shopping one day! I purposed it in my heart, that I wasn't going to allow any part of these projects to stress me out and it worked! I'm really thankful to have these hobbies and have enjoyed them a lot. I actually don't have any more cake orders or cakes planned so I'm going to get a nice little break for a while. Brooks and I are starting to work on our checklist that must be complete before our departure date so I'm going to spend time getting those things taken care of.
Here's a cake I made for one of my best friend's baby shower that I helped host on Saturday. The top tier was chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, the center tier was red velvet (the mommy to be's favorite), and the bottom was white cake with almond/vanilla filling. Addison Ray Carpenter will be here sometime next month and we can't wait to meet her! I also made a door sign for Addison's nursery and for her parents to use on their hospital room door.
I've been selling baby door signs for almost 2 months now and have been enjoying getting to be creative with different nursery themes, colors, etc. I made this door sign for a friend of mine from church whose best friend was having a baby. Her room colors were pink and brown. I think this sign is my new favorite-- now if I only I could learn how to make pretty bows.
Here is a cake I made for a 7 year olds birthday party. Her mom told me that she LOVES bright pink, lime green, and black! This is the "theme" I came up with. I had so much fun making this cake and was really excited about the way it turned out. For the little girls birthday party, her mom rented a limo and is taking her and her friends to get their nails done. How fun is that?!!? This is a 2 tiered cake- the top tier is chocolate and the bottom tier is white with cookies-n-cream filling. Yummy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment