I guess it's safe to say I'm officially legit over here in The Magic Kingdom with my cakes! I've created set prices for my cakes (I never really had that before since I hate charging for them), semi advertised (not really, but word of mouth is enough), and have made myself known as the "cake girl" on our compound. I've completed three cake orders so far and have another one for this weekend. I've really enjoyed getting back into the cake making "business"... I've missed it. However, I don't like having limited ingredients- not to mention making cakes, icing, and fondant in this heat is HORRENDOUS!! I feel like I need to go take classes on how to bake cakes, make fondant, and prep icing according to high humidity and drastic high temperatures.
My latest cake was for a 13 year old boy who started playing the electric guitar for his elective class, Rock Band, at the International School here. His mom has ordered a cake from me before, for her daughter back in the states, so I already knew her style, what she likes, and was excited to get to be creative for this cake. I got the idea for this cake from Shannon's Creative Cakes, who does cakes in Lake Charles. She made a guitar cake for a friend of mine's little boy's first birthday party and I collaborated with her on how she made the guitar. Thanks Shannon for all your help! I was really pleased with the way the guitar came out, even though the guitar strings started melting upon delivery, thus causing them to sag a little bit. I actually had them lined up precisely evenly-- I guess that side of Brooks is rubbing off on me.
Next up.. a mickey mouse cake.

1 comment:
Well, it looks amazing! Great job, Lindsey! And thanks for giving me some credit...although, I didn't do anything but encourage you!! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment