Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas is Here!!!

Normally, someone would start putting decorations up after Thanksgiving to allow themselves at least 3 weeks or so to enjoy the Christmas feel around the home.  So, since we are leaving for the states in about 3 weeks and won't be back to the KSA until 5 days before Christmas, we decided to decorate our house for Christmas-- just in time to allow us a few weeks enjoying all our decor and that way, we don't have to do any decorating the week we get back-- between traveling, jetlag, and unpacking you don't have much motivation.  Plus, I don't won't to spend the day before Christmas decorating the house when I'd know a few days later, I'd want to put it all up, in order to be ready for Brooklyn's arrival!  

So, last weekend after the boys' haircuts and our lunch outside, we took out the two boxes we have that stores our Christmas decorations and turned our house into a Christmas village-- okay, so I'm exaggerating, but it's definitely Christmas around the Perry house!  Gavin loved helping Brooks and I put things out and he was a huge help in putting our tree together!  He even helped with placing ornaments all around the tree. Miles was there to touch and feel EVERYTHING!  He's done awesome with the decorations around the house and other then knocking down the small tree we have, twice, he's left everything else alone.  It's moments like these, when Brooks and I realize just how grateful we are to still be able to celebrate something that means so much to us and to make memories with our kids even though we're on this side of the world.  






Gavin took this picture of his and Miles tree when it was finished! 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...