Last month, Brooks had a great idea to set up our tent and go "camping" outside on the beach with our boys. They had a great night! While I was cooking dinner (inside) the guys went out on the beach and set up the tent. Gavin and Miles were big helps to daddy. Brooks was so excited about camping with them he was kinda giddy--it was cute!
After eating dinner and getting baths, Brooks brought a bunch of pillows and blankets to the tent while the boys picked out a few toys to take with them. They waited patiently at the window for daddy to holler to them that it was time to go camping!
Once in the tent, they did guy stuff. I walked onto our back porch a few times and heard them laughing and goofing off. It melted my heart!
Brooks and I were very curious as to how Miles would do sleeping out in the tent, and around 9:30pm Brooks ended up bringing him inside the house to sleep in his crib. The kid just wouldn't go to sleep in the tent. They all had a fun time and made some special memories. Gavin and Brooks came inside around 6:30am when Gavin was hungry for breakfast.
While they were outside "camping" I curled up on the couch with a blanket, a bowl of ice cream, and a book and enjoyed an evening to myself (sort of-- Brooklyn was awake off and on).

No comments:
Post a Comment