Saturday, March 17, 2012

Brooklyn Turned One Month

Brooklyn turned one month old on February 28th.  We can't believe our baby girl is already a month old.   It seems like it was just yesterday that she was born.   We've been having a lot of fun having her around and really feel like our lives are getting a new normal.  
At Brooklyns doctors appointment she weighed 8lbs 6oz so she gained 1 pound since her birth.  
She was 21 1/2 inches long so she grew 1 inch since birth.  She's doing really good.  The red spot on her tummy is growing and we can now feel some texture to it, but it's still flat.  Gavin asked me what it was one day and got very worried.  It old him that Jesus gave her a kiss before he sent her to us and it made a mark. He then preceeded to kiss her arm and said, "Mommy, I kissed her and there's no mark!"  I just stared at him, not real sure what to say to that-- so he answered himself and said, "Only Jesus can leave a mark!"  Perfect!  Yes he can!

Brooklyn sleeps great during the day and even at night.  We've been doing Baby Wise for the sleeping and so at two weeks old we started the pattern of eating, wake time, sleep.  She picked up on it real quick and has done awesome!  She's even sleeping THROUGH THE NIGHT making it from 9/10pm and wakes up at 6am... HALLELUJAH.  It's really, really nice!! 

It's been fun dressing Brooklyn up in girly clothes and we don't ever leave the house without a bow!  Brooklyn has a very sweet spirit.  She's always looking around and squeals.  Her brothers love her and are always checking on her.  Miles gives her kisses all the time and Gavin loves feeding her and putting her paci back in her mouth.  

It just so happened that Brooklyn's USA passport and her US Consulate Report of Birth Abroad Certificate (birth certificate) came in on the day she turned one month old.  Yay for being a US Citizen!

Before my mom left we finished B's nursery, which I will post pics of soon, just haven't gotten around to it.  We're planning on moving her into her room in the next 2 weeks or so since she sleeps through the night.  There's just something about her leaving my room that hurts my heart so I'm gradually preparing myself.

I finally ordered her birth announcements and love them. I also just finished and ordered a photo book from Shutterfly that's going to semi be part of Brooklyn's baby book collection.  I put pics from my pregnancy with her, her birth, and newborn pictures.  I scrapbooked Gavin's pregnancy and entire first year of life (including his birth), but living over here, it's just a 1000X times easier to do things digitally.  I never worked on Miles when I should have so now I feel completely overwhelmed and have no idea where to even begin so I figured I better start early on hers while everything's still fresh in my mind and I will either make photo books in pieces OR just create it in groups then compile it all into one!  Who knows.  I'm just really excited about it and can't wait to open the package once it arrives!

 
 Her first dress.                                                                            Cuddle time with mommy.

A HUGE deal around here is that Brooklyn smiled for the first time!  Woo hoo!  I'm pretty sure it's safe to say she has the Williams smile.  Check out this blog post from last year-- she has the same smile as Miles.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...