A New Moon Party.
So, unless you've been living under a rock (as I was told over a year ago), you've probably heard of the Twilight Series books by Stephanie Meyer. It's about a "love" triangle between a girl and two guys, who just so happen to be a vampire and a warewolf... I know, I know... dumb, right!? That's what I thought until I spent 2 months listening to all 4 books on my IPOD (I downloaded them from http://www.audible.com/) and became hooked. They are really, really easy books to read and the authors use of writing is intriguing and catching. Well, a majority of my friends are into these books and we've invested in many discussions about our thoughts and feelings on the characters and their "story". New Moon (book #2) came out on DVD this past weekend so I decided to throw a New Moon party. The whole reason I decided to have a New Moon Party in the first place was all because I saw pictures of Twilight/New Moon inspired cakes online for a cake contest and decided that I wanted to try and make one of the cakes, not for the contest, just at home... therefore, I needed to throw a party!
Here is the cake.... because of this...
I made invitations, a banner, cake, found downloadable quote signs and put into frames, had door prizes, made a trivia quiz, and pretty much themed everything around the book (welcome sign, bandaids, food, etc). The sign at my front door was copied from the City of Forks actual sign (where the movie takes place). I used copies of the books, candles, and apples as part of my decorations. All my guests received the New Moon soundtrack, as well as a goody bag with lipstick, nail polish, and sweets (all of which, went with the story line of some sort). I absolutely had a blast planning this party and putting it together. I had even more fun getting to hang out with all my sweet, sweet friends. Several of the girls had never read the books or seen the movies, but came anyways for the girl time. A few of them left, with copies of the books and asking to borrow the movies. They may get hooked if they aren't careful. Of course, after we ate, played trivia, and gave away door prizes, we watched the movie New Moon. It was fun to listen to girls giggle over silly parts in the movie.
I must say that I did go over the top for this... a few people, including my wonderful husband, mentioned several times that I have too much time on my hands to have been able to do all that I did, however, I'd like to think I was just focused with my time. Brooks was wonderful throughout the party planning, creating, decorating, etc and I'm grateful that he was willing for me to do all of this for my awesome friends. It was a fun party and a blast spending time with everyone. Now, if only June 30th will get here!
PS: If you know of anyone who is in need of any New Moon/Twilight decorations please tell them to call me.




2 comments:
You are so fun!! Mitchell and I just watched Twilight a week ago and New Moon last night and loved them both. I love the party idea! I would have come if I lived closer. Miss you and love you!
Thanks for the invite! It was a lot of fun and your blog is so cute!
Post a Comment