Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gavin's 3rd Birthday




Happy 3rd Birthday to our sweet, fun, energetic, and loving big boy, Gavin.  We celebrated Gavin's 3rd birthday, in the kingdom, with a day filled with everything he wanted to do.  Brooks had to work so I made sure that Gavin felt extra special on his birthday.

We started the morning off by going to the local DHL office to pick up several packages I had shipped weeks before we left that were filled with birthday presents from family members for Gavin.  I surprised him when we got home and told him the boxes were all for him!!  He was beyond excited!!

 (Yes, Miles was trying to help his big brother find all the presents in the boxes)

Aunt Steph came over for breakfast, which we had homemade donuts-- a request from Gavin the moment he got out of bed.. and yes, he couldn't wait to get to the table and eat them.  Stephanie brought over a gift for Gavin that she made.  She quilted a blanket covered in transportation vehicles, which is what his room is decorated in!  I LOVED IT!  I almost cried when she pulled it out.  So grateful that we get to enjoy this for years to come!













Gavin and I spent most of his birthday playing with all his new toys and relaxed throughout the day. I didn't make him take a nap either, mainly to help with jet lag, but he did pretty good throughout the day and was busy with all his new stuff... it was no big deal!
Gavin also told me he wanted cookies for his birthday a few days before, but then on his actual birthday, he wanted a cake.  Convincing him that he would get a cake for his birthday party wasn't enough.. therefore, he and I made a cookie cake to have when daddy got home from work.  I taught Gavin the Happy Birthday so that it wouldn't scare him when we sang it to him that evening.  He sang it all day!!  After dinner we pulled out the cake, set up a candle and let him blow it out.  He asked that we keep singing to him over and over again by relighting his candle.  He loved it!


 

Gavin loved his cake!  Apparently, he loved it so much he wanted to figure out a way to eat it as fast as he could.  So he asked me to eat it like him-- hey, it was his birthday, I was doing whatever he wanted that day!

 

As you can see, we kept singing Happy Birthday to him, even after we cut the cake and ate some!

I think Gavin had a fun day and enjoyed celebrating his 3rd birthday.  We're planning a choo-choo train party for next week with friends once everyone makes it back to Saudi.

Happy Birthday sweet boy!  We love you so much!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...