Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer 2011: Saudi Style

As much fun as we had in the states during our summer vacation, Brooks had just as much fun here in the Kingdom.  Okay, so that pretty much isn't true at all, but he kept busy for the entire 5 weeks we were gone.  If I remember correctly, he enjoyed his "freedom" the first week- coming home form work, chillin, fixing dinner, watching tv, reading, vegging (is that even a word?), but then that got old after a while.

So, Brooks started on a project that wasn't intended to take as long as it did, but it kept him busy every night when he got home from work and helped pass the time by while we were apart.  Before we left for the states, Brooks and I went and picked out paint colors and bought gallons and gallons of paint and I asked him to have the maintenance guys from our compound come and paint the house.  Since I'm pregnant, we didn't want me to be around when the house was getting painted, not to mention with Gavin and Miles and paint cans all around-- not gonna work.  

My precious husband, having a small OCD complex when it comes to paint and trims and the need for straight lines decided he wanted to cut in all the rooms himself to guarantee the trims and baseboards wouldn't get paint on them. After cutting in the rooms, he just decided to start rolling them in himself.  Four weeks later our house was painted and looked great!!  Check out the before pics here and here.  When I came back, I truly, truly felt like I came back to a new home.  It's amazing how much a little color can do to let you feel like a place is really yours.  Although, our houses look just like everyone else's so individual paint colors really, really do help.  I still walk into our house and think, wow- I love these rooms!

 





 

I think Gavin's room color was my favorite.  It worked perfectly and his trucks, trains, & planes theme all looks precious together!  Brooks' paint job isn't done yet though... sometime next year (maybe in October), we're planning on moving Miles and Gavin into the same room and letting Brooklyn have the nursery room to herself (which may end up being Gavin's old room). Also, we didn't know during the summer if we were having a boy or a girl, so we just left the nursery room as it was.  My craft room wasn't painted either.  I just have no clue what I want to do with it, yet.  We'll see though how things will work out.

Thank you Brooks Lee for spending your bachelor days painting our house and making it a home for all of us.  I appreciate you so much and am grateful for your hard work and willingness to give up your free time to do something for us.  We love you! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...