Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I turned 28

I turned 28 last week and had a great day.  We actually celebrated my birthday a little earlier in the week because so many of our friends were leaving on vacation or were going back to the states for the holidays.  Brooks planned a fun dinner.  He invited the guests and made all the arrangements himself.  He cooked a delicious meal- smothered chicken that was a BIG hit for everyone.  Brooks had planned this party before I went on bed rest, so all the ladies were gracious enough to help him out where I couldn't.  Plus, no one let me do anything.  I was allowed to sit the entire time!  We really had a fun time with everyone and it was great celebrating my birthday with such amazing friends. 




I was surprised with a few gifts for my birthday.  My three neighbors gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure at the salon on our compound.  As good of a job as Brooks did on my pedicure, they felt I deserved the opportunity to get pampered!  I also got a few cake decorating tools from Stephanie and Micah. I promise after Miles gets here and I've had some time to re cooperate-- these will ALL get used!  I just need my parents to bring candy melts over with them so I can use the neat warming cups... cake pops here I come!!  
  


For my birthday, I really wanted a cookie cake and since they don't take that long to make and I had leftover icing from a previous cake, Brooks gave me "permission" to get in the kitchen while I was supposed to be resting, but I was on a time limit.  I got really nervous once the first cake baked that there wasn't going to be enough for everyone so I threw together another cake really fast.  That's the beauty of buying in bulk here in Saudi.  I had 6 containers of chocolate chip cookie dough in my freezer.  As you can see- the 2nd cake's decorating was put on the back burner b/c I had reached my time limit of being "up".

My birthday party was a blast and I'm so grateful to be surrounded my such wonderful people!
My actual birthday, December 3rd, was just as great as this party was!  I'll post about that next!

1 comment:

Christa said...

YUM looks delicious!!
is that from the cookie cake tutorial on my blog? or do you have some tips I can steal?! :)
happy birthday!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...