Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Superhero Birthday Party

Back in September we celebrated Gavin's 4th birthday party with none other then a Super Hero theme! Gavin had been very vocal and specific regarding the type of party he wanted, which super heroes to involve (Batman, Spiderman, & Superman), what his cake was to look like (seriously- he even told me which tiers were to be which hero), who he wanted to invite, what he wanted to do at his party, etc, etc.  None of his desires bothered me and it was extremely fun for me to make it all happen.  Thanks to Pinterest, Etsy, and Google I was able to get an abundance of ideas to create and incorporate into Gavin's party theme.  




For starters, from the moment Gavin mentioned superheroes I automatically knew I wanted to have capes for all the kids as their party favors... however, I didn't realize they were selling for $20-$30 a piece on certain websites and I was extremely nervous to make my own and get the look and quality out of them that I wanted.  Praise the Lord, I found a store on Etsy who was having a sale on superhero capes that month and I got them for a great deal!!!  The sweet lady was wonderful to work with me and from the time I made the order she shipped them within a week.  I chose different color combinations for each set of kids based on ages: girls were hot pink & lime green, toddler boys were red & blue, and older boys were blue & green).  I also ordered matching masks for the kids and put those in their party favor bags.  I found alphabet and superhero templates online and used felt to cut out everyone's first initial and had them sewn on to the capes by a lady here in Saudi.  We hung them up and as the kids entered the party room they could find their cape and wear it throughout the party.  Even the babies got their own Super Hero capes.

 

The SuperHero Family. Cheesy, I know, but we all had our own superhero shirts.  Mommy was Wonder Woman, Daddy was Superman, Gavin was Batman, Miles was Robin, and Brooklyn had a personalized Supergirl onesie with a "B" and matching tutu.

 

For fun, we set up games throughout the room since the kids were at the Superhero Academy.  They loved all of it.  My favorite part of it was how easy it was for all the kids regardless of their age.  In the beginning, we walked all the kids through each station all together, then after everyone had a turn, they just went to the station they liked the most and kept playing.
The stations included:

  • Shield Throwing- use a frisbee to knock down paper cups
  • Lava Pit-  jump on "rocks" without falling in the hot lava (red table cloth)
  • Bat Cave- search for Kryptonite (glowsticks) in the cave (made with black paper and table cloths covering a table
  • Test Your Strength- lift a 200lb large dumb bell above your head (we made it with styrofoam, a dowel rod, & black spray paint)
  • Flight School- see how high you can fly in the jump house
  • Vaporize a Villain- shoot the faces of villains with silly string  (we attached coloring sheets of bad guys faces onto balloons)











Gavin was so excited about blowing out his candles, he couldn't wait for everyone to sing Happy Birthday to him.
 


After we cut the cake, it was time for the pinata.  Now this is something I hadn't thought about doing for Gavin's party, until we went to Peyton's birthday and I saw how much Gavin loved it.  I went out the next week searching for a Superhero pinata and found a Batman one!  It was a huge hit with the kids.  I made sure to let all the little kids get a turn first before the big kids took over.  Surprisingly, everyone got a few turns before the pinata fell off the rope Brooks had it rigged on and it semi- busted.  I ended up ripping it open and just pouring the candy out!


 




After the pinata, it was present time.  Gavin loved opening all his presents and had lots of help from the other kids!  A few favorite gifts included new dress up costumes, some bat mobiles, puzzles, and a new motorized bike for getting around the compound, a joint gift from several of the ladies!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...